Share |

Friday, November 30, 2012


Brussel Sprouts were not my favorite growing up. In fact I used to feed them to my grandmother's dog under the table. Babe would eat just about anything, including my much hated Brussel Sprouts. I recently confessed this to my Mother. She laughed so hard. She couldn't believe I fed them to the dog. I would do anything to not eat them. Now they are one of my favorite vegetables. You just need to dress them up a bit. They take well to the butter, garlic and wine that I am roasting them in. These are perfect for a Holiday meal. This so easy yet tastes so divine that you can easily fool your guests. If during your holiday season your ovens are all in use, take to your gas grill or even use your crock pot (no foil needed!)

Roasted Brussel Sprouts
2 bags of Brussel Sprouts or about 4 cups
5 cloves of garlic minced
3/4 cup white wine
3 TB butter melted
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 lemon juiced
salt and pepper

You will need enough foil to completely cover a cookie sheet. I like to line the bottom for easy cleanup too.
Take the Brussels sprouts and slice in have from the stem. Toss on the foil lined cookie sheet.


Squeeze 1/2 lemon on the sprouts. This will keep them a nice vibrant green. Add the minced garlic, butter and pepper flakes to them.


Cover with the wine.

Seal up well and roast in a 350 oven for about 30 - 45 minutes.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs