Share |

Monday, December 3, 2012

Chocolate Crinkles


These are usually on my Christmas Baking list but closer to the bottom of the list. When making my baking list I make a top of bundt cakes that are easy to make, easy to slice and divine to eat. Then bar cookies that are fast to whip up, fast to cut and  produces a ton. Then I tackle the cookies that my family just can't live without or have to be in my Christmas giving boxes. I usually leave the cookies that take the most work for last.  These take a little more work than a drop cookie. So they are usually lower on my list. That being said, Once they come out of the oven they are the first to go. So good things come to those who wait. These melt in mouth. They are so tender and so amazing. You won't want to share them.

Chocolate Crinkles

4 oz semi sweet chocolate chips (melted)
2 c. sugar
1/2 c vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla
4 large eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 c. flour
1/2 c mini chocolate chips (I only had regular)
1 c. powder sugar

This recipe is mixed by hand. Its work but worth it.
Melt your 4 oz of chocolate chips. I do this in the microwave slowly.Mix sugar and oil until it resembles wet sand.Add eggs and vanilla.Add the melted chocolate and salt.Add baking powder to the flour and slowly add to the mixture.Add the mini chocolate chips. cover the bowl with wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. You could even refrigerate overnight.

I like to use a mini ice cream scoop to make my balls. Roll each ball into powder sugar and place on a cookie sheet leaving 2 inches between each cookie.Bake 10 minutes. Be careful to not over bake.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs