Share |

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Is Pistachio Salad made any time of the year other than the holidays?

Watergate Salad (which for the record is never ever ever called that in our house but Pistachio Salad) is only made around the holidays in our house. I don't see any reason why it shouldnt be made in the summer when it it hot out. But I never make it in the summer. I buy it at the deli in the summer. I really should break the habit! Anyways...This is too easy to make and reminds me of Ambrosia which my Gram would make when I was a kid. Except this is green and green goes better with Christmas in my opinion. Sorry Gram. I like that it has marshmallows in it. I am a kid at heart. And if I am going to eat bad only a couple times a year there might as well me marshmallows in my food.

Watergate Salad (a.k.a. Pistachio Salad)

1 small package instant pistachio pudding mix
1 can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup maraschino cherries, drained
1/2 cup of chopped pecans

In a good size bowl, mix the pudding mix with the crushed pineapple.
Add the coconut, pecans, marshmallows and cherries. Mix well.
Add the whip topping and mix well.
Place in a serving dish and refrigerate for two hours before serving.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs