Share |

Monday, December 10, 2012

Oven Baked Chex Mix



My mom did not cook very much. She cooked. She was very capable but I don't think she enjoyed it. This was the one recipe I remember her making every holiday. Sure, now you can buy it already made but there is nothing like making it homemade. My mom's version was a little different from the recipe on the box. She used more of everything. She also cooked until everything was brown. I think she liked the extra toasted bits as those were the ones she always dug for.

I make this every holiday. Usually the day before or two days before. I love the way it makes the house smell. This is very addicting. I can sit down with the container it is stored in and watch tv with it. Dangerous stuff!


Oven Baked Chex Mix
8 tablespoons butter (I only use unsalted now)
4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (low sodium works great here and is now what I use)
2 teaspoons seasoned salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
3 cups Corn Chex cereal
3 cups Rice Chex cereal
3 cups Wheat Chex cereal
(Or 9 cups of any variety)
1 cup mixed nuts
1 cup bite-size pretzels
1 cup bagel chips

Preheat oven to 275 degrees

In a small bowl mix in Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, garlic powder, and onion powder and melted butter.

In a large bowl add the cereals, mixed nuts, pretzels, and bagel chips. Add the butter mixture and mix until coated.

Place onto an ungreased baking sheet

Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs