Share |

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Peanut Butter Double Chocolate Chip Cookies



I think there is one thing my youngest son and I agree on...Chocolate and peanut butter belong together. There is no denying it I love the way they go together. If I am craving candy I usually want a peanut butter cup. I have been known to take dark chocolate and swipe it through the peanut butter on occasion. This is my Gram's recipe. The woman could bake like no other. And I am sure every granddaughter says that about their grandmother. Most of my memories revolve around her baking or cooking.

 
Peanut Butter Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup chunky or smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 egg
3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 375°.
Cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light. Add the egg and mix until fluffy.


Blend the flour, baking powder, soda and salt together well. Add these dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Add the chocolate chips.


Drop cookie dough by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 375°.


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs