Share |

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies


I like to make cookies around the holidays with cranberries in them. The pop of red color is so pretty and the tart against the sweet cookie just makes such a nice contrast. I usually make a full batch of oatmeal cookies and half the cookies will have chocolate chips in them for the kids and the other half cranberries for me. I have it in my mind that oatmeal cookies are healthy. Shhh. Don't tell me otherwise despite me knowing the truth.

Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter softened
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups oatmeal
1 1/2 flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Mix butter with brown sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Add all the dry ingredients. Add the cranberries last. You could add 1 cup of chopped pecans too or even chocolate chips.
Drop by the spoonful onto a cookie sheet. Bake 9-11 minutes and let cool

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs