Share |

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Hasselback Potatoes


These potatoes are almost too pretty to eat. I say that fully knowing that I will eat it and not feel bad about it.These babies are perfect for Christmas. They are easy to make, they are pretty and can be baked along side whatever else you are baking.

Hasselback Potatoes
3-6 cloves of garlic sliced uber thin. (I like a lot of garlic but most dont)
4-6 large potatoes (but dont get the ones that are the size of a football)
olive oil
butter (stick but you wont use but a couple TB at the most)
Kosher salt and pepper

I am a garlic nut. I will use just about all this garlic and what I dont use will end up in my Mushrooms that I am cooking. Vampires should be warned, we eat a ton of garlic every day.
Slice them as thin as you can with out taking a finger with it
Wash your potatoes. Not that I am afraid of a little dirt but really it has no place in this recipe. If you are good with you knife skills, cut slices into the potato with out cutting all the way. I manage alright but if this is hard for you, you can place a large serving spoon under the potato or a ruler next to the potato.
Being the garlic freak I am, I alternate garlic through the slices. I also like to thinly slice butter and cut each slice into quarters and alternate again between the slices. See there is some garlic left over. Don't worry, I will use it....somewhere! Now carefully drizzle some olive oil on the potatoes. I like to rub to cover using my left hand so I can season with my right hand some Kosher Salt and Pepper.
Bake in a preheated 400 oven for about an hour and half.
See they are almost too pretty to eat. Nice for when you are entertaining. Very easy to make.

2 comments:

Carole said...

thank you for linking this in to Food on Friday. We are now getting quite a collection of potato dishes together. Do stop by some of the other links to check them out!

I have just signed up to follow your blog via Google Reader. A follow back to Carole's Chatter would be wonderful – or have you already followed? Cheers

Carole said...

OOoh, thanks for following Carole's Chatter. Hope you are having a great day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs