Share |

Friday, December 14, 2012

Sweet & Saltines



I had never in my entire life seen this recipe before this summer. I made it and understood why Trisha Yearwood's family called it "Crack" and so it has been renamed in our house the same thing. I now make it for road trips along with brownies. But in the back of my mind I was thinking how I would dress it up for my Christmas Gift boxes. This is a keeper!

Sweet & Saltines
recipe adapted by Trisha Yearwood
Cooking spray
35 to 40 saltine crackers
2 sticks (1 cup) butter
1 cup light brown sugar
8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (about 1 1/3 cups)

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Line 1 large or 2 small jelly-roll pans with aluminum foil, spray with nonstick spray and arrange the saltines salt-side down in a single layer. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar together and boil until it turns a caramel color, a few minutes. Remove from the heat and pour over the crackers, covering them evenly.
Put the jelly-roll pan into the oven and bake for 3 to 5 minutes, or until just bubbly, watching carefully. Remove from the oven and pour the chocolate chips over the crackers. When the chips melt a bit, spread them over the crackers with a knife.
Transfer the pan to the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until completely cold. They will form one big sheet. Break up into pieces. Store in an airtight container.

 Line cookie sheets and spray with cooking spray
cover with saltines. I put the salt side down
Butter and brown sugar in a sauce pan.
Melt
Bring to a boil for a couple minutes
Resist the urge to stick your finger in. Dont do it
Pour over saltines
Spread out
Put into preheated oven 425 for 3-5 minutes
sprinkle chocolate chips over. I did not measure.
Spread the chocolate out
Stick into the freezer to harden
I couldn't resist after 20 minutes.
Break apart!


1 comments:

Lady Goo Goo Gaga said...

Omg, I started making these last Christmas...they are magical.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs