Share |

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Easy Cranberry Sauce



I grew up in a house that cranberry sauce was out of a can. If we were really lucky, Grandma would carve these pretty rings into the perfectly round mold. Ok, who am I kidding, she poured it out of the can that way. I am not against the can version. I grew up with it. I only need a little spoon of it to be perfect for the rest of the year. Over the years I have gotten accustomed to making it homemade. It's just about as easy as opening up a can. Really! When I make it, I do not make the whole bag of fresh cranberries. I never need that much. Half of it is perfect! You only need a spoonful per person and I never use up the leftover. So less is definitely better.

Easy Cranberry Sauce
1/2 bag of cranberries
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup of sugar
1 TB orange zest

Bring to a boil and simmer until the berries burst. (about 10 minutes)


Put into a serving dish and refrigerate.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs