Share |

Friday, November 2, 2012

Old Fashioned Candied Yams



This was always my favorite dish at Thanksgiving. It wasn't the turkey, or the pies which my Gram could make some mean pies but the candied yams. She always put what seemed like two feet high of marshmallows on top of the sweet yams that she also covered with butter and cinnamon. Nobody complained if I ate two or three helpings of it. It wasn't a dessert. Somehow it landed in the vegetable area for our glorious family. God love them!!! I love their thinking!!! Now I have to ration how much I eat because it all ends up on my hips. Time has taken it's revenge on me.

Old Fashioned Candied Yams
1 large can Sweet potatoes (or yams)
brown sugar
butter
cinnamon
mini marshmallows

drain off the liquid from the sweet potatoes or yams
sprinkle brown sugar
dot with butter
sprinkle with cinnamon. There is always a disagreeance over how much is enough. I like more, the family likes less, so I go with less.
Cover with foil and bake 350 degrees 25 minutes till warm
uncover
Cover with marshmallows. I dont cover with enough. Stick back in the oven for another minute. Watch carefully. I have let it cook too long before and had to add more marshmallows :)



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs