Share |

Friday, August 31, 2012

Italian Potato Salad


 
I have covered Potato Salad WAY too many times, There's my girlfriend Brandy's Potato Salad. Which is bacon, ranch and Santa Maria Seasoning. To die for good. There is my Loaded Potato Salad which has everything from bacon, eggs, pickles, and sour cream. Its like a loaded baked potato in a potato salad. And then..I have my Two Mustard Potato Salad. It isnt too mustardy either. Or My Sour Cream Ranch Potato Salad. It is great for potlucks when there will be a couple potato salads there. Or if you are looking for something really different, I love a Warm Potato Salad It goes really well with meaty sandwiches. My all time favorite is my grandmother's Old Fashioned Potato Salad. I don't know if it is exactly how she made it but it is as I remember it.

But every potato salad I make only has gotten an ok rating from The Tortured Teenager. Until THIS one. You see, she preferred STORE BOUGHT potato salad. She liked the vinegar taste it had. It was the one thing I despised about them. They tasted too sweet, too sour. And she loved that about them. And then, one say I had a bright idea while making a pasta salad using an Italian dressing, to use it in a potato salad. I tried, let her taste it and she LOVED IT! So did the entire family for that matter. And it was so easy!!! With Labor Day coming up, this is perfect!!! Give it a try!


Italian Potato Salad
red potatoes 7-10 large ones? chopped
1/2 cup italian dressing
1/2 cup light mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
3 green onions
1 TB mustard

Boil potatoes in salted water
drain potatoes and set aside. I salt and pepper the potatoes here
Make the Dressing. Mix mayo, sour cream and italian dressing in the bowl you plan on mixing potatoes in
 Add the TB mustard
 Taste and adjust
 Add potatoes and onions.
 Taste one last time. It's a dangerous job
 DINNER!!!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs