Share |

Monday, August 6, 2012

Homemade Chocolate Pudding


I've been on a pudding kick lately. It's SL's fault. I have to blame somebody so why not blame her, right? She posted it on her Facebook and bragged how easy it was to make. Except I didn't make the recipe she was bragging about. I went all rogue and made Lucinda Scala Quinn's recipe. It was good but kinda thin. I don't think I cooked it long enough so now I'm cooking SL's recommended recipe. I have to say, it is yummy. So yummy I licked the pan clean. I don't think I will ever make it from a box ever again.

Homemade Chocolate Pudding
recipe adapted from The Frugal Girl

Makes 2 cups
2 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder 1/2 cup sugar
pinch salt
2 cups milk, divided
3 tablespoons cornstarch 3/4 teaspoon vanilla

Measure cocoa powder into a saucepan. Whisk in enough water to make a smooth paste. Stir in sugar and salt. Add 1 1/2 cups milk, reserving 1/2 cup.
Heat cocoa/milk mixture over medium heat, stirring regularly, to boiling. Meanwhile, mix cornstarch and milk together.
When cocoa/milk mixture reaches a boil, whisk in cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly. Bring back to a boil and cook and stir for 1 minute.
Remove pudding from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour pudding into individual dishes or a large bowl. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.


So you measure the cocoa powder and water into a sauce pan and make a paste.
Ok simple enough...
Add sugar and salt...ok again simple enough
Next heat to a boil. Ok I can handle that
While the chocolate mixture is boiling make the cornstarch and milk.

Add to the chocolate mixture. Ok still easy enough, bring back to a boil, stiring constantly
I had my bowls ready on a cookie pan
remove from heat and add the vanilla
scoop into the bowls (notice I will work this pan later)

These bowls need some cleaning up too
I covered with plastic and refrigerated till dessert time
DESSERT!!!



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs