Share |

Friday, August 10, 2012

Cilantro Lime Rice

Ever go to Chipotle restaurant? We just finally got one in our town. I used to travel thirty minutes to get food there in the past. I love their food. Driving out of town when gas is almost $4 a gallon isn't always an option so I figured out a way to make the rice at home. There are lots of ways online for it but those are all too complicated. This is just simple!And sometimes I find that keeping it simple is the best way.

Just a warning, this recipe is for a rice cooker, since my kitchen is a dinosaur and I cant cook rice on an OLD electric stove. I've tried and I've fail....miserably. You can cook this recipe on your stove.

Cilantro Lime Rice
2 cups rinsed basmati or jasmine rice
3 cups water
1/4 cup cilantro minced
1 lime juiced (unless juicy then use half)
2 TB butter
I am using Jasmine rice. It needs to be rinsed. Put it in a strainer and rince under cold water until the water runs clear. Otherwise it will be too sticky. Dump into the rice cooker
Add water
And butter. I just sliced it. You could melt it, but why bother, you are going to toss it all later.
Click Cook. It is that simple. Even I cant mess this up.
Once it is cooked, Squeeze the lime over the hot rice
And add the chopped cilantro. We love cilantro in this house. I find that you either love it or hate it. Toss all together
Serve! This goes great with Burrito Bowls! I will cover that soon, I promise!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs