Share |

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Brandi's Potato Salad

I am always looking for a new way to make potatoes. Not that the family dislikes mine because they are very protective of mine. I just love trying new recipes. I went to school with the greatest people. Most I didn't even recognize as amazing until with in the last couple years. High school sucks. I keep telling The Tortured Teenager that most of the people she is close with today will not be her closest friends five years from now. It is not a put down to her friends but as kids we don't see all the great qualities of others. We are too consumed by the cliques or social standings.
I went to three different high schools. Each school was totally different. The girls I went to school with in Idaho are still close to me. They would be there for me no matter what. My best friends from CA I don't even see anymore or know where they are. I had the best times with them. But it's the girls I wasn't friends with that I cherish now. We all live on different corners of the US and talk on Facebook everyday. One of these friends was nice enough to share her favorite potato salad recipe.

Brandi's Potato Salad
1 bag of baby Red Potatoes, quartered (I only have the large Red so I used 6)
1 package of Ranch Dip
1/2 cup Sour Cream
1/2 cup of mayonnaise
1/2 pound of bacon (peppered bacon would be really good)

Boil the potatoes in unsalted water (I know, you want to add salt, but don't! You will see why)

At the same time, brown 1/2 pound of bacon. I chopped mine into chunks. You could fry them whole. Place the bacon on a paper towel to drain but do not discard the bacon grease.
Pour the bacon grease into the boiling pot of water. Yep, just do it! I was a little afraid but do it!
In a large bowl, mix packet of ranch and half cup sour cream, half cup mayo. Add drained potatoes and the bacon.

1 comments:

The Redhead Riter said...

Yummmmm I could live on potatoes alone for the rest of my life LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs