Share |

Friday, June 25, 2010

Loaded Potato Salad


I think the name says it all! Practically the kitchen sink is thrown in. Perfect for get togethers or Sundays in the back yard. As you know, I love potatoes. I have a ton of varieties of potato salad. Each member of the family has their favorite. This one is closer to what my Momma makes. Except she uses Miracle Whip (note; I am saying that with a twisted face) and leaves out the bacon. Pork makes any dish better. If you like loaded baked potatoes, then this is your dish!



Loaded Potato Salad


3 Hard boiled eggs chopped
1/4 cup Dill pickles diced (or the equivalent of relish but I like the chunks)
4-6 pieces of Bacon broken in pieces
1/2 cup Red onions diced finely
8 Potatoes chopped
1 cup Mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
2 TB Yellow Mustard
2 TB Dill pickle juice
1 TB dried dill
1 cup cheddar cheese chunked
Salt
Pepper

Wash, dry and cube the potatoes. Cook in salted water until fork tender
While potatoes are cooking, make the sauce. Add sour cream, mayo, mustard, pickle juice, and dill to a very large mixing bowl.
Mix well.
Add the cooked potatoes
and all the other goodies
Mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. We like tons of pepper.
Add to a casserole dish and sprinkle with paprika. Let sit in the fridge for at least three hours.

5 comments:

Aleksandra Nearing said...

Oooo...this looks so yummy! I can't wait to cook up a storm this weekend - may have to try this!

Kristi said...

oh my goodness-YUM!

Christy said...

Oh my....I thought nothing could improve on my Grandma's. Please don't tell her, but I'm making this for the fourth of July!!! I can't wait to report back. Thanks for sharing!!!!

Stephani said...

I'm passing on an award to you!! :o)
Please visit here: http://ourjourneytoasimplerlife.blogspot.com/2010/06/my-first-blog-award.html to receive it!!

Stephani @ Home Sweet Farm
:o)

Semalee said...

found you through glitter to gumdrops and I'm so excited! This potato salad looks SOOOO good! Thanks!

Semalee @ Nailing Jello to a Tree

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs