Share |

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Anaheim Angel's Sausage Sandwich with Carmelized Onion and Honey Dijon



It is pretty bad to start a blog post saying "I am Dodger Fan BUT..." Yep! I have already stuck my foot in my mouth. I am one of the tortured Dodger Fans. If you know anything about Baseball, then you know what I mean. But I love these Anaheim Spicy Sausages! I buy them ALL THE TIME. This isn't my first Spicy Sausage Sandwich. My family loves them. If you don't live in CA or Southern CA, then buy any Spicy Pork Sausage.This is too easy! Basically you need to caramelize the onions.Toss the sausage into a pan and cook until the internal temp is 160.Let rest before slicing (or you will get a ton on juice all over your cutting board.)I like to slice long ways and place on hamburger buns. You could put on nice french rolls or hot dog buns. Use whatever you have on hand. I also like to toast the buns while the sausage is resting.
Cover each sausage sandwich with onions and Honey Dijon Mustard.I make mine homemade. It's very easy to make. 1 part mustard, 1 part honey, 1 part mayo.I like to mix regular Dijon and the country Dijon mustard. Its a texture thing. I like the brown specks.
It's best to mix the mayo with the mustard in the beginning but I forgot. Oops!
Taste and make sure it is sweet enough. Add more honey if you need. I need to.
Serve!!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs