Share |

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Eggnog Cake



This was introduced to me about ten years ago. It is so easy to make. It uses a box cake mix which we all know makes me happy. I make this around the holidays when making goody boxes or plates for friends. You could put a simple glaze on top and serve for dessert. I am not topping with anything so I can slice and place in gift boxes. This is one of those recipes you put away for your baking season. It also happens to be one of my favorites. I don't know if it is the brandy which takes me back to a rum cake my Gram would make or if it is the spice. Love it so much! Hope you enjoy it too.
In a bowl dump the following;
1 package yellow cake mix
1 package instant vanilla pudding mix (I used the large but small works fine)
4 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup Brandy (yep! or Rum if Brandy is unavailable...giggles)
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 tsp nutmeg
Mix for 5 minutes
Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan. Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 50 minutes.





Let cool completely before trying to remove from the pan.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs