Share |

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happy Taco Tuesday! Shortcut Chili Colorado (Crock Pot Meal)

In case you have been under a rock and didn't know this little fact, My family is a huge Taco Tuesday Fan! I am huge fan of themed meals. Tuesdays, we always have Mexican food. Most of the time is some sort of Taco but we have done burritos, enchiladas, salads or soups! Check out my Recipe Link where you will find a long list of Taco Tuesday recipes. My grandmother who was not hispanic but loved to cook Mexican food, would make this quite a bit. In fact, I think it may have been one of her favorites. Or she made it because it was so dang easy and so dang cheap! This is the shortcut version. I am pretty adventurous but not enough to make the sauce homemade. Sorry.
This meal can be used for tacos or burritos, which is what we are having. I made a pot of homemade Refried Beans. They are the Ballplayers favorite! I simmer them on the stove

Shortcut Chili Colorado (Crock Pot Meal)

Pot Roast (I am using a Chuck Roast which is usually cheaper)
1 onion sliced
1 can of Chili Colorado Sauce (I use Las Palmas) or Red Enchilada sauce


Super Easy!!
Pepper the Roast. Go easy on Salt only because the sauce has loads. And brown all sides in a skillet.
Toss in the crock pot. Add one onion that is halved and sliced. Cover with sauce and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until it falls apart.Take the meat out of the pot (turn heat off) and discard any fat. Shred meat and put back into the crock pot. Mix well and serve.
I am making wet burritos, so I placed beans on warmed extra large tortillas, covered with meat and cheese, tuck in the ends and roll. Cover with cheese and sauce from the crock pot.

3 comments:

Pam said...

This sounds great! Good, easy with the crock pot and the price is right. I never had Mexican food until I was in my late teens; it definitely was never cooked at home back then so good for your grandmother!

Candi said...

Looks amazing!!!

Hun.... WFD said...

Oh goodness! I love that you are using Chili Colorado sauce/ Enchilada Sauce, to cook the roast in. I bet the flavour is fabulous!! Thank you for linking to Simple Supper Tuesday :o)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs