Share |

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Baked Pub Cheese


This is all Trader Joes fault. I am on a Blame Trader Joes rant. Have you tried their Pub Cheese? It is the death of me. I had it at a jewelry party a couple months ago. I made a complete ass out of myself ignoring the pretty jewelry and eating this cheese. I did buy a necklace so the night wasn't a complete failure.

When I buy this cheese, the family (or most of it) fights over it. It never lasts one sitting. So the next day I am left with a craving for it. I have devised my version which The Fireman has declared better than Trader Joe's. Take that Trader Joe's!!

This is perfect for 2-4 people. If you are serving more than that, I recommend you double the recipe and put in the large bread bowl.


1 sourdough bread bowl
1/2 cup mayo
1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
1 cup cheddar cheese grated
1/4 cup nacho sliced jalapeno peppers diced
1 TB diced Ortega Chili's diced

Lob off the top of the Sourdough bread and hallow it out, saving the inside for dipping.

Take the mayo, cheeses, and add the jalapenos, and chilis and mix well in a bowl.
I always have these in the house. I buy the large can knowing I will use it up during the week with quesadillas or rice.


I go easy on the mayo and use just enough to mix it all up. The more you use the thinner the dip will be which would be just fine too.

Fill the bread bowl up and place into a baking tin just in case it bubbles over. I keep these old disposable tins for stuff like this. I re use them until I have to toss them.
Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 30 minutes

Serve with the bread you saved or even tortilla chips

Have a steak knife ready, you will want to eat the bread too

5 comments:

kalr3 said...

This looks SO yummy! You are giving me so many great ideas that I plan on trying over the next two weeks. My step dad will be in town from Florida and everyone will be stopping by to see him while he's here. I'm going to be a cooking machine!

The Zany Housewife said...

You're killing me. I'm going to balloon up just from looking at this.

dining tables said...

I have never really tried making something like this. So new and it looks delicious.

Anonymous said...

I think you may want to get a twitter button to your site. I just bookmarked this blog, but I had to make this by hand. Just my $.02 :)

Shamrocks and Shenanigans said...

@the anonymous comment-thank you for enjoying my blog. There is a twitter button located on the upper right hand side and and twitter add this button on the top of the post. Enjoy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs