Share |

Monday, January 4, 2010

Pork Loin, Chili Rice and Sauted Broccoli with almonds

Not another Manic Monday

One of my kids went back to school today. Have I mentioned the happy dance I did this morning? Christmas break is always hard for me. I dont mind summer breaks since it is warm and we are always on the go. But Winter break, NO THANK YOU! Two weeks is just too long. And I swear that the closer to Christmas, the more rotten the kids get too. Then after Christmas it is just chaos. Thankfully the chaos has come to an end. Hello Monday! You are my new best friend!


Tonight I made Pork Loin roast, broccoli and my favorite, Chili Rice. Chili rice always reminds me of risotto. I have tried and I have successfully killed risotto so this is as close to it as I get. Now I believe in giving credit for those recipes that I make and tonight's Chili Rice is from my old (old being that we have moved and not her age)neighbor Donna. The Pork Lion is my own concoction. Although this time I bought a loin roast instead of the cheaper shoulder. I will stick with the shoulder in the future. I prefer the juicy roast to the dryer version. My husband likes his food dead and burnt so he loved the roast. Tonight's broccoli is a Food Network recipe that I doctored up. I cant help it. I have to make them my own.


Donna's Chili Rice

2 cups cooked rice
1 cup sour cream
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 small can Ortega chili's

combine all ingredients and pour into a pyrex bowl that has been sprayed with non fat cooking spray. Cook at 350 for 30 minutes.



Sauted Broccoli with Almonds

1 bag of pre-cut pre-washed broccoli
1/2 cup of slivered almonds
1 clove of garlic chopped
4 TB butter
juice of one lemon
Parmesan cheese to top

toast almonds in a pan until golden brown. Remove from pan. Melt butter, brown garlic (not too much color) and then add broccoli. Brown broccoli. Once browned, add lemon juice and 1/4 cup of water. Cover and cook until fork tender (I like mine browned but the the broccoli a little crisp) add almonds and top with Parmesan cheese.

Reviews tonight were raving on the broccoli. The Fireman hoped that I would do it with other veggies, maybe some green beans or sugar snap peas.

As usual The Little Ball Player didn't eat much of dinner. I know...some day he will eat me out of the house.

Have I mentioned how obsessed I have become with Blogger? Who knew all the amazing Blogs out there that are based on the entirely same premise as mine. I have read so many amazing recipes in the last couple days and I can wait to try them all, and of course blog about it!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs