Share |

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Peppermint Pretzels

You can blame Trader Joes for this. In fact you can blame Trader Joes for a couple recipes this week. I went there for two items and walked away with enough Christmas cookies to fatten a skinny kid. I don't even like sweets. Eggnog cookies and peppermint pretzels were the death of me. My family ate the treats like they've never eaten sugar before. I had to have more. I had to have it now. Luckily these take very few ingredients. They are messy. Or I am messy. Totally worth it though!

Peppermint Pretzels
3 cups pretzels
1 bag of white chocolate chips
3 candy canes

Take a couple sheets of foil or parchment paper (which I never have) and line the counter top with it. Pour about 3 cups of pretzels over and make sure nothing is overlapping.Take the white chocolate chips and dump into a microwave safe bowl. I tend to use this measuring cup a lot for stuff like this.
On a surface that can take some beating, combine the candy canes into a zip lock bag. I toss them in there with the plastic on since I hate fighting with the wrapper. Seal it up good, leaving out any air. Take a rolling pin and mash it good. This is when I like to think of all the things my teenage girls have done to make me made lately. The candy gets a good whack and I get out some anger. It's a win win situation.

Top the candy cane dust ( I had lots of aggression) on the white chocolate chips. Stick in the microwave and melt on medium high heat for about two minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until it is the desired consistency. I never get it just right. Last time I could drizzle it, this time I dipped the pretzels into it not caring how they looked in the end.

Let dry out or harden for about an hour.

1 comments:

The Zany Housewife said...

Ooooooooooooooooh no. Another recipe that I'm going to have to try. I think I have everything for that already in the house so I have no excuse not to whip some up. Except I have pretzel sticks. Hmm...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs