Share |

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Sun-dried Tomato Broccoli



So many people are amazed that I can get my kids to eat vegetables but really my secret remains adding stuff to the vegetables to make it more interesting. This happens to be my favorite way to eat broccoli. I could eat the entire pan all by itself for dinner. I just love it. It is also another great way to use up frozen veggies. Sometimes I am just too busy to use fresh vegetables. Frozen is fast. Nobody will know you reached for your freezer!

Sun-dried Tomato Broccoli
1 bag of frozen broccoli
4 TB Sundried Tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup pine nuts
2 cloves of garlic minced
Parmesan cheese for topping
2 TB olive oil

I like to take the frozen broccoli bag and throw the whole thing in the microwave for two minutes. You aren't cooking it but getting the thaw off it. Then toss it all into a pan that has 2 TB oil heated up. Saute the broccoli until it is just starting to get some color. I like mine caramelized. The darker it gets, the sweeter it gets.
Now add the sun-dried tomatoes, and garlic. Let cook for a couple of minutes until the garlic is cooked, and then add the pine nuts. I like to let them get toasty too but it isn't necessary.

Top with Parmesan cheese.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs