Share |

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Southwestern Tortilla Soup


This is so easy that you will feel bad when your husband raves about it the next day to all his coworkers. Yep! That's what happened. I was bombarded with "I hear you made an amazing Tortilla Soup last night" and I almost felt bad because it was literally thrown together in minutes. If you have leftover Chicken to Turkey, then you are making the job even easier. I personally didn't, so I tossed a couple chicken breasts in the oven. But with this time of year, there is so many leftovers in our house that this is the perfect recipe for it.

Southwestern Tortilla Soup

1 carton of low sodium chicken stock/broth
4 cups of water
2 chicken breast cooked and chopped
2 cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup of green salsa (any jar variety is fine)
2 cups of frozen corn

Toppings
Avocado
Jack cheese
homemade tortilla chips or store version

I didn't have leftover chicken, remember, so I took two breasts and seasoned with salt, pepper and cumin. Bake 350 for 30 minutes or until cooked. Chop up into bite size pieces.

In a soup pan, mix all ingredients and heat until warm. Top with your favorite toppings. Hello Taco Tuesday!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs