Share |

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Cinnamon Monkey Bread


There is nothing sweeter than waking up to the sweet smell of cinnamon and brown sugar baking. The only thing that makes this morning treat better is coffee. I better get to the coffee before the kids. My brats love coffee. Yes coffee. And they aren't short so that threat that it would stunt my growth was just a threat so I wouldn't drink the coffee. But my brats grew smart to that threat very early. The Fireman's granny would give the grand-kids warm sugary milk mixed with coffee. Now both are hooked.

Monkey bread was always a favorite in our home as a kid. My grandmother would make two versions, one being this cinnamon role version and the other was a cheese version. Both are comfort food to the max.

This is by mo means an original recipe as I am sure every family has made this at one time or another.


Cinnamon Monkey Bread

1 package of frozen bread dough
1 1/2 c. brown sugar not packed
3 TB cinnamon (more can be added if you like it stronger tasting)
3/4 c. butter (butter is preferred. I love butter.)
1/2 cup of raisins (optional my kids HATE and hate is a strong word)
1/2 cup pecans (again optional but will never grace mine as long as the brats have a say)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place rack in center.
Take the dough out of the freezer and either place in the refrigerator over night or place on the counter for two hours to thaw.
Cut all the biscuits into quarters. You can use scissors or knife. Whatever you are most comfortable with. I use scissors.
Place the melted butter in one bowl and the cinnamon and sugar in another. Grease a bundt pan. I like to butter it. But again, my spare parts don't need it so I'm using Pam. Pam the begeezus out of it. Roll each piece of dough in butter and then roll into the sugar mixture. Place into the bundt pan.
If your family is tolerant, sprinkle half the raisins and pecans. Notice I do not have any. The fight isn't worth it. So I just keep adding the dough to the pan resisting the urge to ACCIDENTALLY dip your fingers in the sugar or to lip them clean.
Let dough rise for an hour in a warm area with a towel covering it.
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. My oven is a dinosaur so check and cook u till done.
Let cool 10 minutes and then turn out onto a plate.


1 comments:

Missy Salsa said...

I made this for my husband and I. We ate the entire thing on a Sunday and were both sick for the next day or so. Word to the wise, eat in moderation. LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs