Share |

Monday, October 24, 2011

Ranch Style Beans

I am not going to lie. This happens to be The Ballplayer's FAVORITE bean side dish. It is a combination of a chili meets pinto bean. This came about from Taco Tuesdays. I make my own refried beans, which these are not. but I was going to and he dared me in a mocking way not to. How could I not. He dared me to not make them. And to make him some spicy beans like a restaurant he likes to eat at makes. I can do that. "I bet you can't" He chimed. I accept that challenge!! He ate those words!! He ate the whole bowl. He went back for seconds. Damn I am good sometimes.

Ranch Style Beans
1 cup stew meat cut extra small (hey I am on a time limit-the games gonna start)
1/2 tube spicy breakfast sausage
1/2 red onion diced
1 can green chilis
2 slices thick slice bacon (you could chop but I don't)
1 bag pinto beans (rinse and pick out rocks and such)
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper
1 tsp cumin
1/4- 1/2 tsp cayenne
you only need half the package. Save the other half for Biscuits and Gravy Break it up and start cooking it.
Rinse the beans and cover two inches with cold water.
Chop up some onion and dump into the pot
add the chilis, liquid and all
Add two slices of bacon. You could cut it up but I don't.
I do cut up the stew meat just because I am rushing this just a tad.
I only need a cup of the stew meat so the rest will go into a freezer bag and into the freezer.
Dump the sausage into the pan. I just got a good crust on the sausage and threw it into the pan. I didnt have to worry about it being cooked all the way through, since it will simmer for two hours
Now on the Styrofoam the stew meat came in, dust the meat with some flour. Heat up some oil in the same pan the sausage cooked in,
Brown it up!
Get it good and brown and add it to the pan. Let it all simmer uncovered for about two hours Do not add salt and pepper yet
Once the beans are just about tender add the seasonings. And salt and pepper to taste.
Let simmer until tender
Serve! This is great with BBQ's or with tailgating! Or just add some cornbread and call it dinner!!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs