Share |

Monday, October 10, 2011

Cheater Sprinkle Cookies

Have you ever bought the cookies at the bakery that are frosted? You know the ones, the are a soft butter cookie with the yummiest frosting. Heaven. Takes me right back to my childhood. See my grandma thought that a house full of love was a house full of goodies.

This recipe is another one of my cheater recipes. Its a cake mix. My kids used to love sprinkle cake so I would buy them every time they were on sale. Kinda a habit even though the kids are older and almost all have moved away. Even with that said, these did not last 24 hours. Careful, these are lethal.


Cheater Sprinkle Cookies

1 Sprinkle cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil

1 container of frosting
1 tsp vanilla

Mix all ingredients

I like to use a small ice cream scoop. Scoop all the scoops at once on the pans leaving an inch space. They don't spread out too much.
Then I take a TB or two of flour on a plate and a glass smash each cookie carefully
This is gentle is work. This isn't were you take your teenage angst out on the cookies.

And bake 7 minutes. Really Check them. They won't get brown and you don't want them to get tough but to be tender.Transfer to a rack to cool or a counter top. Assign a security guard or dog (not my dog..she heard "cookie and has been begging ever since) and wait....(crickets) and wait....
So you can Frost. I mix the frosting with some vanilla and carfully frost each and every one. I leave them on the counter to harden. I like the frosting to get a little crunch on the top.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs