Share |

Monday, September 5, 2011

Vegetarian Chili

I don't get on the vegetarian band wagon very often. I like meat. Actually I love meat. I should participate in Meatless Mondays or even go meatless to aid in my weight loss but I like it so much. So why am I showing you a vegetarian chili? Because it is that good. Rarely do I find a product that tastes like meat that isn't meat. Soyrizo does that for me. I have used it in chili repeatedly and fooled my kids. And they are the hardest to fool. I have tried using other products but do not get the results that I do with this. Soyrizo has the consistency and the flavor needed. It's good...no it
a better than good...It's great! This chili you can put together in 30 minutes or let it all simmer slowly in the crock-pot. It is better the second day as The Fireman has taken it to work on more than one occasion. It also freezes well.

Vegetarian Chili
1 package of soyrizo
1 can of rotel
2 large cans of kidney beans
1 bell pepper
1 onion diced
2 small zucchini chopped
3 TB cilantro chopped
1 small can of green chilis diced
1 large can of tomato sauce
1 seasoning packet for chili OR
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 - 1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp cumin

this was supposed to be tomato sauce. oops. so I am putting it in some plastic so I can use later for salsa.
Anyways, I love this stuff!
Cut of the ends and squeeze the sausage into the pan. The casing is plastic and not necessary in my chili

Now crumble up
Cook on Med High heat until a taco consistency
While the sausage is cooking chop up the vegs
Resist the urge to add eggs and make an entirely different meal. No really
Add all the vegetables, beans, seasonings, and sausage to the crockpot. Still cant believe I goofed on this. Add tomato sauce and the rotel
I like it to be a little soupy so the liquid can soak in. So add a little water if needed.
Let simmer in Crock pot for 3 hours on low. Serve with your favorite toppings


1 comments:

Candace said...

It's cold and rainy here today so a good bowl of chili is in order, I think....vegetarian or not. I've never tried soyrizo before; but, I have a blogging friend that swears by it. I really should give it a try sometime. Thanks for sharing this bowl of comfort with us. It looks absolutely fantastic. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs