Share |

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Cilantro Lime Sauted Corn

The Fireman and I planted a garden a couple months ago. I have an abundance of cilantro which is nice because it is so dang expensive in the stores lately. I can't wait for every thing else to be ready. The Ball Player is anticipating carrots that we planted. Last year he would pick them and rinse under the hose. Talk about fresh!
I tossed this side dish together with items in my freezer. Being that The Ballplayer hasn't decided if he likes cilantro (it's green) or cheese this week. SO I didn't tell him what was in the corn until he ate two HUGE helpings.

Cilantro Lime Sauted Corn
1 bag of frozen corn (unless you have fresh)
1 tsp of lime zest
1 TB cilantro chopped
1 TB butter
cooking spray
1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese (yes this is not fresh which I usually demand)

Chop up cilantro and get the zest going from the lime. Save the lime for some beer!
Spray a saute pan with some cooking spray and dump in the frozen corn. Saute until it gets some color
Add the butter. I am using light butter. Turn the heat off of the stove...yes off
Add the lime zest, cilantro, and some salt and pepper
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. I am using the canned stuff because it doesn't melt like the fresh stuff. It is a deliberate choice for this recipe.
Serve!

2 comments:

Jerry said...

Now this sounds like a interesting take on corn especially since I love cilantro! I may give this a try:) Thanks for sharing this nice simple recipe.

Feel free to check out my blog:

http://www.simplygoodeating.com/

Michele N said...

So, I a little behind but this looks good! And my cilantro is going crazy and overshadowing my basil. I need ideas to use it. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs