Share |

Friday, June 24, 2011

Butter & Wine Grilled Vegetable Packets

Tossing side dishes into foil and onto the grill has become a staple in this house. Partly because it is easy and partly because I am lazy. Ok, I said it! Even I get lazy with cooking. But if the end result is tasty food then you scored! I like to portion my veggies into single servings. Tonight it is just The Fireman and myself for dinner. I am really cutting down on the preparation time by using prewashed, cut veggies. This definitely saves me time.

Butter & Wine Grilled Vegetable Packets

1 package of mixed vegetables (I am using carrots, cauliflower and broccoli)
1/2 cup of dry white wine (I like pino griggio)
1 clove of garlic
1 TB butter
Fireman's Seasoning
Tin Foil
Again, I am doing single servings so place the amount of vegetables you plan on eating on a large piece of tin foil
I like to crinkle the foil up into a "bowl" so the liquid doesnt go all over the counter before I crimp the foil into packets. Pour 1/4 cup of wine onto each packet
Add 1/2 TB butter to each packet and a good amt of seasoning. I am using Fireman's Seasoning which I make up in big batches. But salt and pepper would work just fine
Fold each side up so to seal it up
Everything is getting grilled tonight in packets except the meat. This is a huge time saver!
Throw on the grill with your food or into a 400 degree oven until the veggies are soft

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will add this blog to my favorites, it is great.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs