Share |

Monday, June 13, 2011

Balsamic Dijon Grilled Chicken


I know I have told the story before but it needs to be repeated. I bought The Fireman a grill a couple months ago as an early Father's Day present. I had other plans for Father's Day but he convinced me that I needed this grill. That it would make my life easier. Boy was he right! I have used this grill a couple times a week. I have thrown vegetables with wine and garlic in foil and tossed the packet on the grill to cook with the meat. Dinner has never been so easy.

Tonight I am marinating some chicken to grill. I love Balsamic vinegar. It is so bold but sweet. I let this marinate all afternoon, being the rebel I am. You could do this in thirty minutes though.

This is too easy. You probably have all the ingredients on hand. I like to use a Ziploc bag but you could easily do this in a baking dish.

Balsamic Dijon Grilled Chicken
4 chicken breasts (skin on or skinless)
1/2 cup of Balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 canola oil
zest of one lemon
juice of one lemon
salt and pepper

Toss all ingredients in a ziploc bag. I like to seal the bag without the chicken in it and mix it up. Saves me doing more dishes. Add chicken


Let marinate at least 30 minutes but for best results give it an hour or two.

Grill until 160 degrees internally. You could do less but lets just be safe. My family doesn't need food poisoning.

These Breasts were not split. But aren't they pretty? Let rest a couple minutes. This will ensure they are nice and juicy inside.

Slice into strips. I do this so that it goes farther in my family. Most of us do not want an entire chicken breast.

2 comments:

Anne @ Quick and Easy Cheap and Healthy said...

This looks easy and yummy - my kind of meal!

masini second said...

hmmm what a great recipe, it looks graet and i`m sure it is delicious, i will give it a try for sure. Thanks a lot for sharing with us.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs