Share |

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Blue Moon Grilled Chicken

I am a sucker for Blue Moon Beer. I like to cook with it and I like to drink it. Blue Moon is best with an orange. I make a pork roast with Blue Moon that is to die for. The flavor it the beer concentrates and complements meat. So with that thought, I am marinating with it tonight.

Now I'm using skinless boneless chicken breasts that are pre seasoned and I'm only using this because it's what I have. Really chicken breast with skin and bone would be more desirable for grilling. It helps with not only flavor but keeping the chicken moist on the grill. This way I'm doing tonight is only healthier. So I'm really counting on the beer to do it's thing.

Blue Moon Grilled Chicken
1 blue moon
1/4 cup vegetable oil/canola
1/4 cup Creole mustard or Dijon mustard
1/2 tablespoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic, chopped
8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 TB orange juice
Tonight I am using Blue Moon's Summer Honey Wheat Beer. It's a little paler and mellower than the one I usually buy, but completely yummy.
Take all the ingredients and dump into a ziploc bag. I stuck the bag into a bowl just so I would not waste the beer if I spilled.

Add garlic. Give it a rough chop
Slice some onion. This is just for flavor so don't take too much time on it
Add chicken.
Let marinate all day or if you have the time, do it over night! I kept turning the package over to ensure that the meat was marinating all over evenly.
Grill. Now you could be using chicken with skin. It would be better, but this is what I have on hand. So I am going to really keep an eye on it that it doesn't get too dry.
Emma knows a good thing. She is supervising!
Oh that looks good!
Cook till thoroughly cooked. Let rest on a plate before cutting into. These are nice and juicy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Article

Anonymous said...

Good Article

Anonymous said...

Good Article

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs