Share |

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Blue Moon with Orange Pork Tacos


Am I the only one who is obsessed with this beer? I love it with a chunk of orange or even a shot of Orange Juice. It is not some girly beer either. The Orange does something to it. It's just good! Give it a try!

A high school friend of mine made my Beer Pulled Pork Tacos the other night. His wife used Blue Moon and that got my mind just racing! What if I add some Orange Juice? It was Heaven!

First, buy the largest Pork Roast you can find. Trust me! The leftovers are amazing. You can make Pulled Pork Sandwiches! This time, I just froze the leftovers for another night. It will make for a very easy night one day next week.

Season your roast with salt and pepper. If you happen to get the counters a bit you know you did well.


Oil a pan and get it smoking hot. Brown up all sides. I could have found a larger pan!


Put the whole roast into the Crock Pot. Cover with a onion sliced, 1 bottle of Blue Moon and 1 cup of Orange Juice.

Cover and cook for four hours on high.

While it is cooking, consider making some homemade refried beans. Just dump 1 bag of rinsed pinto beans, 4 pieces of bacon, a handful of nacho jalepenos and cover with two inches of water. Boil for about an hour and half or until tender. Smash up and serve with dinner.


Once the pork is falling apart, shred the pork into a bowl. I jump the fat.
It may not be pretty but your family wont complain.



Heat up some corn tortillas. I like to use this cast iron griddle. It's my favorite.
Serve all your favorite condiments like avacado, cheese, Homemade Salsa, sour cream and green onions.


Or make a burrito..

1 comments:

Jeremiah Red Johnson said...

My God this looks good. Thanks for the recipe and idea. Keep them coming.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs