Share |

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Chocolate Crinkles

Why I am looking forward to college....

Anyone who REALLY knows me, knows how insanely close I am to The Tortured Teenager. But she is a teenager so that said, one minute we are sisters and the next we are going for the jugular. Ya...fun times.

I can not wait for her to move away to college. I am sure I will get hate mail for this. I will miss her desperately no doubt. But this momma needs some sleep. Having teenagers is a lot like having newborns that can drive. My sleep is so affected and I worry non stop.

And then there are my feet. Yes my feet are affected by having a teenager. One that wears the same size shoe as I do but is practically flat footed. I have the highest arches a girl could have. She steals my flaps (why is another post) and is flattening out all my shoes. It's killing my feet. Literally.

Then there is my makeup! I don't wear much makeup. I'm home a lot so there isn't s need for mascara or lip gloss to check the mail but the one afternoon I am going out, my brushes are no where to be found. And then I find them...with her stuff.

Laugh. It's ok. Someday she will have children. I tried to not pass on that curse my mother used but I had no choice. One day she will have a daughter. It is inevitable for I have passed the curse.

Until then, here is one of her favorite cookies. These remind me of teenagers. They are a little work but if you take the time, you just might come out with a great outcome.

Chocolate Crinkle

4 oz semi sweet chocolate chips (melted)
2 c. sugar
1/2 c vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla
4 large eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 c. flour
1/2 c mini chocolate chips (I only had regular)
1 c. powder sugar

This recipe is mixed by hand. Its work but worth it.
Melt your 4 oz of chocolate chips. I do this in the microwave slowly.Mix sugar and oil until it resembles wet sand.Add eggs and vanilla.Add the melted chocolate and salt.Add baking powder to the flour and slowly add to the mixture.Add the mini chocolate chips. cover the bowl with wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. You could even refrigerate overnight.

I like to use a mini ice cream scoop to make my balls. Roll each ball into powder sugar and place on a cookie sheet leaving 2 inches between each cookie.Bake 10 minutes. Be careful to not over bake.

2 comments:

The Zany Housewife said...

I can't wait to give this one a try. It looks like a great last minute dessert recipe. :)

Shannon said...

Yum! These look soooo good! Will try these for sure! Would love tips on how to make a header like yours too- I love it! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs