Share |

Friday, April 13, 2012

Onion Pork Roast with Onion Mushroom Gravy

I love classic recipes. Mashed potatoes, gravy, meat that slow cooked for hours. I am a sucker for a house that smells like winter meals. That is probably why I love to cook with my crock pot so much. If you love to cook with you crock pot then this is a keeper for you.

We are in the middle of baseball which means I am always making meals to have ready when we get home from games. There is nothing better than walking in the door from a cold game and having a warm meal waiting.

This uses a shortcut for the gravy which fortunately The Tortured Teenage is not aware of....Cream of Chicken Soup. It really helps and you don't notice it. The Fireman loves it. He says it reminds him of a dish he had as a child at school. I should be insulted being compared to cafeteria workers in the 60's, but I don't care. This is so good, I cant care less.

Onion Pork Roast with Onion Mushroom Gravy

1 big pork roast
1 Knorr Leek soup envelope
Cream of Chicken Soup
1 onion sliced
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 container mushrooms minced
salt and pepper

slice up the onion
put in the bottom of the party bowl...or crock pot
I slice up the mushrooms as tiny as possible as the kids have no idea until my blog post comes out that there was ever any mushrooms in it
again into the party bowl
line the counter with some parchment paper, just so I dont have to disinfect the counters
Now cover the meat with the Knorr Leek Soup Powder
First Salt and Pepper
Now onion powder, Its about a TB
Into the crock pot
See the left over? Save that for another recipe.
Cook on slow for 6 hours. No additional liquid was added.
Leave the liquid in there
This is the worst possible thing to The Tortured Teenager. She will eat the meal UNTIL she finds out this is in the meal
Add the soup to the crock pot and stir until combined
Sweet Gravy
DINNER

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs