Share |

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mango Salsa Chicken

Mango Salsa Chicken

It's amazing where you get inspiration for dinner. Mine was at a baseball game last fall. I filed away the idea on my phone and am just now getting to it. This comes from a great family. We've played ball together for years. Their son is a little younger than The Ballplayer. The family is a riot. This is all the daughter, M.A.'s concoction. M.A. told me that she cooks chicken in mango salsa and the family loves it. In fact it's one of the moms favorites so I had to file away (partly because my forgetful mind WILL forget and partly because I WILL forget) so here I am trying to recreate a meal on one sentence. Thanks M.A.!!

Mango Salsa Chicken

4 chicken breasts (mine are skinless)
Mango Peach Salsa (from the fresh salsa case)
Salt, pepper (Cajun seasoning)
1 TB butter
1 TB olive oil

Preheat oven to 375

I decided in the afternoon that I needed to test the product to see if it was safe for the family...yep its safe. Good thing I bought two containers of this salsa.
Really it is this easy for dinner
combine 1 TB oil and 1 TB butter in a cast iron pan over medium high heat
I'm seasoning my breasts with some Cajun seasoning but that's because after tasting the salsa I realized it sides on sweet.

I'm browning in my cast iron pan but I am sure you could toss in the oven unbrowned or in a crockpot for the afternoon
You are only browning not cooking, these babies will cook in the oven
Dump the salsa over the chicken


Transfer cast iron pan to the oven till chicken is cooked completely. For me it was about 20 minutes.
Rice pilaf or rice to serve on and green onions or parsley to garnish

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs