Share |

Friday, March 16, 2012

Twice Cooked Corned Beef revisited


This is my all time favorite way to make corned beef. I get a lot of corned beef haters that become lovers and I really think it has to do with the crust on this baby. I don't cook it until it is stringy and I do not include the veggies so they are all mushy on the side. This one needs a crock pot though. If you do not have a crock pot, I beg of you to go to walmart and buy one. Second and very important, do not over cook the corned beef. I cant give you a specific time. Just cook until you fork goes in and it is tender, pulling apart but not falling apart like you are going to shred it.

Twice Cooked Corned Beef

I've purchased the biggest roast I could.

Dump into the crockpot and if it includes spices in a packet, sprinkle over the roast. Place the roast fat side down.

Cook slowly in crock pot till just about perfect. Mine was three hours on high. You could put this in the crockpot in the morning and put on low. Just don't overcook. We are going to glaze it and stick it back into the oven.
Take out of the crockpot. Place in casserole pan
Cover with brown mustard.Dump brown sugar over mustard. Rub into meat.
(note, if I was to do it again, I would NOT cover it. I went after the sugary crust on the bottom.)
Stick into the oven for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
Let sit a good ten minutes (oh I snuck pieces) so slicing is easier. If you are only using for sandwiches then refrigerate overnight before putting on a slicer, if your lucky enough to have a deli slicer. I have to do it slowly with a knife.


Sneak a piece on rye when the mister isn't looking. Heck even the dog is looking for droppings!



Family Friendly Note This meal is great because it cooks in the Crock Pot! I know a lot of mothers that love to use their crock pots. Saves time.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs