Share |

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Roasted Artichoke Salad


I know January is over but I am still TRYING to eat healthy and as much and many vegetables as I can. This happens to be one of my favorite "salads" to make. It is so simple that I am almost embarrassed to share it but it is so good that I have to. I am also embarrassed to tell you that if The Fireman is on duty, I will make this and eat the whole BOWL (yes I did just confess that) for dinner. This is a warm salad although I am sure it is good cold too (but it doesn't make it to being cold in my house.) I buy frozen artichokes from Trader Joe's. When I make into there, I literally buy all the bags they have of them. Trader Joe's is a dangerous store for me. I usually want to buy all the cheese they offer as well as their  vegetables. The Fireman will want to buy chocolate and a big block of it. Dangerous store!


Roasted Artichoke Salad
1 bag of frozen artichokes
2 cloves garlic
Pam cooking spray
Kraft Zesty fat free Italian Dressing
These are the frozen Artichoke Hearts I buy. I have only found them at Trader Joe's. If you find them at another store, let me know!
Spray cooking spray on a cookie sheet. My sheets are really old so they take some spray or anything will stick. Season with your favorite seasoning. I like Creole, but plain salt and pepper would be fine
 grate a couple cloves of garlic over it. Garlic Powder would also work.
Roast in a preheated 400 degree oven until brown about 10 minutes and then flip and cook another 10 minutes
 Put in a bowl

 Put 2 Tb dressing over, toss
DINNER

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs