Share |

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Homemade Biscuits


My Gram would make the best biscuits growing up and each and every time I swear she did it different. Sometimes I saw her grab a box a biscuit and other times I saw her make them homemade with Crisco or butter. I think it just came down to what she had on hand. The Ballplayer loves biscuits and he doesn't have a favorite just as long as they are covered in butter. I made these quite some time ago.

Homemade Biscuits
2 cups all purpose flour plus flour to dust the counter
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter
1 cup  buttermilk (you  can  make buttermilk using whole milk  and a TB vinegar if you  are  missing this)


Take all dry ingredients and cut butter into them and then add enough buttermilk until it is shaggy. Turn out onto a floured surface and roll out to 1/2-1 inch thickness (I really dont measure) and cut out with biscuit cutters (I use a class) and place into a HOT BUTTERED cast iron pan and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 10-12 minutes (more like 15 for my oven) I always run a cube of butter over mine right after they come out of the oven. It is a trick my Gram did.
BREAKFAST!!!



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The biscuits look so tasty!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs