Share |

Monday, February 11, 2013

Coke Cola Cake


I am taking a break from my healthy eating to show you a recipe I made way back when and promised I would get out on my blog, but then the holidays hit and time got away from me. Valentines Day is coming upon us so very soon and if you know me, that means very little to me. I am not big on it, probably because my anniversary is right around that time and it trumps Valentines Day any day. But if you like to bake for Valentines Day, this is an easy recipe that came to me from The Country Cook. Her Blog is amazing and her recipes have ruined my diet more than once. And I say that in the best of ways. I believe that moderation is the key. The original recipe called for no oil or eggs and I messed up and used it and it turned out so good so I am blogging it with the eggs and oil.

Coke Cola Cake
recipe adapted by The Country Cook

1 box (15.25 oz) Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
1 small box (4 oz.) Instant Chocolate Pudding
Ingredients listed on back of cake mix box 
1 1/3 cups Coca Cola
1 stick unsalted butter
3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
4-6 tbsp. heavy cream or milk* (see notes below)
 (I used 3 eggs and oil on the package)
 
2 cups (packed) powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)

The Country Cook's Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F degrees  

Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
But instead of adding water, you will replace that amount with Coca-Cola.
Add in dry instant pudding mix to the batter as well.
With this mix, it called for 1 1/3 cups of water, I substituted that with 1 1/3 cups of Coca Cola.
Spray 9x13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Pour batter into baking dish and bake according to package directions (usually 35-39 minutes).
Just before cake is ready to come out of the oven, start making frosting. In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, start melting one stick of butter/margarine. Then stir in confectioners sugar. (I didn't follow directions which shouldn't surprise you, I just mixed in a bowl. The Country Cook did hers in a pan over the stove)

Frost over warm cake. Yes warm cake.
I could barely wait to cut into it. I mean I have two hungry boys at home!


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs