Share |

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Zatarain's Chicken and Rice Bake


Zatarain's was kind enough to send me some of their product to try. I've been a fan for years. Unlike other box mixes, it happens to be full of flavor. Tonight I'm making a "toss it into the oven meal" All you baseball moms can toss into the crock-pot while at a game. I love meals like that! They keep my kids from eating dinner at the concession stand.
Zatarain's Chicken and Rice Bake
1 package of chicken breast
1 box Zatarains jambalaya rice mix
1/2 cup of minute rice
2 cups of water


Season the chicken with salt and pepper.

Add a little oil to a saute pan. Preheat the pan on High. You are only browning the meat. You are not cooking the meat. You will do this in the oven.Add the rice mix, the extra rice (this is because my brats like it milder in flavor) and the rice. Add the browned meat to the top.
Bake covered (I use foil) 1 hour

Let cool a minute. I like to slice the meat. It makes it go farther. I find none of my kids want an entire chicken breast.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs