Share |

Monday, March 14, 2011

Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breasts


Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breasts...say that five times really fast! I love to stuff chicken. And I think...really....anything can be made better when wrapped in bacon. So the last time I stuffed some chicken, I did just that! I wrapped it in some bacon. After all, I could get my kids to eat just about anything if I add bacon to the mix. That is how my brats eat most vegetables. No really, add bacon to veggies and suddenly they like them!

4 chicken breast
1 jar pesto
4 slices mozzarella cheese
8 slices bacon
toothpicks
plastic wrap

It is important to get all the ingredients out and ready so there is no cross contamination.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Preheat cast iron pan over high heat. I like to spray with cooking spray.

Line a cutting board (I like to use the plastic ones for meat) with plastic wrap. Place the chicken breast on one side and cover with the other half of the wrap. Either use a heavy pan or a meat cleaver and pound till thin.

I like to pound all the chicken first, placing on a plate.
Next place 2 TB of pesto and mozzarella on chicken.

Carefully roll up
Wrap in bacon and fasten with tooth picks. Place into the cast iron skillet. This is only to brown the bacon quickly. The chicken will continue to cook in the oven.
Place in oven and continue to cook until thoroughly cooked. The Fireman likes his cooked like an old shoe.

Emma is waiting for dinner

3 comments:

Jeremiah Red Johnson said...

Now that's what I'm talking about. Look so yummy!

Sustanon said...

Great recipe, I'll be making this today. Thanks for sharing.

Sustanon - Stan Susmanon

Anonymous said...

I wanted to thanks for this nice read!! I definitely having fun with each little bit of it I have you bookmarked to take a look at new stuff you post

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs