Share |

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Chicken Breast with a Browned Butter Wine Sauce

I am still low carbing..sadly. Don't get excited by the angel hair pasta you see in the picture. That isn't my plate. Mine is shown below. Fortunately making a sauce to go over the chicken and to dip your brussel sprouts in makes the lack of pasta bearable. This meal is incredibly easy to make. Easy to fool anyone that you put an incredible amount of effort into it. You could accompany it with any veggie but since I was using wine in the chicken, it is convenient to make my favorite brussel sprout recipe.


Chicken Breast with a Browned Butter Wine Sauce
4 chicken breast
salt and pepper
3 cloves of garlic minced
2 TB butter (separate into TB)
about 1 cup of dry white wine (pino griggio is my favorite but use what you have as I only have sauvignon blanc today
1/2 cup of heavy cream


Season your chicken with salt and pepper
Add a little oil to the pan or spray with cooking spray. Cook until completely cooked thoroughly. I over cooked...dont panic, I have to! The Fireman is that type of chicken eater...That extra this one in the back is just perfect. His are all dried out.
Set aside the chicken.


Now lets make the gravy...
Take the 1 TB of butter and cook the garlic in it. It is ok to let the butter brown.
Now add the wine. Pour the cook a glass too. (gulp) Scrape the bottom of the pan. I Love the smell of wine and garlic.
Turn the heat off and add the cream. The Fireman always complains I don't add enough cream. Add more if you desire.
Melt the last TB of butter into the sauce.
Slice the chicken and serve!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs