Share |

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Do you ever play with a classic recipe? Dijon Chicken Fried Steak with Pan Gravy


Sometimes I feel like changing things up and boy did I this time! I took a family favorite  and spun it! Some liked it and some not so much. My kids are not a fan of sweet potato mash. I am not sure if it is a texture thing or that they just love my mashed potatoes with all the heart stopping goodness and refuse to love anything else. Elverything else on this meal was a hit. The Dijon was a nice change for a dinner time meal.

Dijon Chicken Fried Steak with Pan Gravy
4 cube steaks
4 tb dijon approx
1 cup flour
salt and pepper
1/2 cup oil

I started with smearing Dijon Mustard on both sides of the cube steak

I like to put the flour into a pie pan and then season with salt and pepper
Poor Louie is not impressed. Maybe when I start frying meat he will be
I took a smear of flour and floured a cookie sheet so I could put the floured steaks on the cookie sheet
dip the steaks into the flour and really press the flour into the steaks
Then place them onto the cookie sheet and put into the refrigerator uncovered for 30 minutes
add about 1/2 cup oil to your cast iron pan and heat on medium high. Fry the meat until golden brown on both sides

When the meat is all cooked remove all oil except 2 TB leaving any crumbs in the pan. add 2 TB flour using a whisk. Add using a whisk 2 cups of warm milk (I like to put mine in a microwave for a minute or so before) and cook on medium until it becomes thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Add salt and pepper to taste. (sorry I got busy  on the phone and didn't take any pictures of the gravy)

DINNER!!!
Do you ever play with a classic recipe?

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs