Share |

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Sweet Roasted Rosemary Acorn Squash Wedges

I originally made this for Thanksgiving. And I have a rule that if I don't post the recipe during Thanksgiving I will save it for next year. But then I made it again two weeks later during the Christmas season proving maybe it was also a Christmas dish. So I thought I would save it for Christmas next year. But then (hang with me) the grocery stores had acorn squashes again last week and again I just had to make them again. I like these maybe just as much if not better than Candied Yams. I know that is saying a lot. It's the sweet and spicy. Although the second and third time I made these I used less butter and brown sugar (a girl has to watch her waist after all)


Sweet Roasted Rosemary Acorn Squash Wedges
2 acorn squash
Salt
1 stick butter
1/2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
Directions
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.


Cut the acorn squash in half from top to bottom using a sharp knife.Use a spoon to scrape out the stuff inside.
Cut each half into 4 equal wedges, and then place the wedges, skin-side down, in a baking dish.

I am making a half batch of this recipe if you didnt notice
and my farm delivered veggies (and herbs) as in Rosemary were left out. They are very dry. Oh well
Combine the butter, brown sugar, salt, rosemary and chili powder in a bowl and mix into a paste.


Smear the paste all over the squash.



Roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Then baste with the butter mixture from the bottom of the pan and return to the oven for another 20 minutes.
Serve in the baking dish, drizzling more sauce at the end

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs