Share |

Monday, January 21, 2013

Cheesy Bacon Ranch Bread


I think I first saw this on Pinterest. It is a dangerous website. I go on it looking for inspiration and find myself on it all day collecting recipes that I haven't used yet and then we end up eating pizza for dinner. No joke. But this I kept eying on my phone  for a while until I finally decided we needed to try it. While this recipe is amazing it created a monster, being that the next weekend I had to try to make other flavor possibilities. There are only three in my house and one is watching her weight and one doesn't eat cheese. I really need to start giving my neighbors food. I am not joking.



Cheesy Bacon Ranch Bread
recipe adapted from The Country Cook



Ingredients
1 round loaf of sourdough (or similar) bread
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup-3/4 cup chopped cooked bacon (I threw a couple in the Micro)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tbsp. dry ranch dressing mix

 Preheat oven to 350F degrees.


Using a sharp bread knife, cut the bread going in both directions but don't cut all the way through the bottom.


Place shredded cheese in between the slices.  Really pack it in there as best you can.
This part takes the longest amount of time in this recipe so be patient.
This is also why you wouldn't want to use a really soft bread or else it would tear too easily why you packed the cheese in.

Now add in bacon (as little or as much as you like). Do your best to get in between the slices.

Now take 1 tbsp. dry ranch dressing mix and add it to the butter.
You can add more dry mix if you like a stronger ranch taste.
Give it all a good stir until combined.
Now pour or spoon the butter mixture over top of the bread.
Now wrap the whole thing up in aluminum foil and place on baking sheet.
Bake at 350F degrees for 15 minutes.

Unwrap from the foil and bake for another 10 minutes (or until the cheese is melted).



  I warned you! This is good!


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs