Share |

Friday, February 17, 2012

Double Chocolate Banana Bread


Bananas do not stay around very long in my house. I try to hide a couple for bread. The Fireman is always making little remarks about banana bread "I wish you'd make banana bread more often for us..." or my favorite "you used to make banana bread for us" but they eat the bananas faster than I can make the bread. But this time I got the bananas and I made the best bread to make them regret all the complaining...well sorta. I guarantee that they will complain I don't make enough banana bread.

But I ran into a little snag. I wanted to make a new variation to the usual banana bread I make. I already make it with chocolate chips. The family loves it that way. But I wanted it double chocolately good. Is that a word? It is now! But in my research. I found nothing that was exactly what I was searching for. So I went back to my old faithful recipe and just did some tweaking until I got pure heaven.



Double chocolate Chip Banana Bread
3 bananas
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 c milk
3TB veg oil
1 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
2 1/3 c original Baking Mix
1/3 cup cocoa
2 cups chocolate chips
Heat oven 350

Mash bananas (I use a potato masher) add sugar, oil, milk vanilla and eggs. Add Baking Mix and cocoa powder. Mix 1 cup of chocolate chips into batter, reserving 1 cup for top. Pour into greases pans I use mini loafs. Top with 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Bake mini loafs 35 minutes. Large loafs 50 minutes






0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs