Share |

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Funeral Potatoes

Funeral Potatoes

You have to get past the name of this potato casserole! Named for being brought to church functions or funerals but oh so good. In fact the smell while they are baking kills me. No really. I love the smell of crunchy fried onions and cheesy potatoes baking. You can forget about the rest of dinner. These are all this girl needs. This isn't my only version. If French fried onions aren't your thing then try my Chili Cheese Hashbrown Casserole.

1 bag frozen shredded hashbrowns
1 can cream chicken soup (any cream of something soup will work)
1 cup light sour cream (a girl has to cut calories somewhere)
2 cups shredded cheese
1 small can French fried onions


Dump all the ingredients into a large bowl (except the French fried onions)
Mix well
Dump into a greased 9x13 baking pan. I like the see thru glass ones. It helps for making sure the bottom is brown enough. I like it crunchy.
Top the potatoes with the french fried onions. Dab the top with some butter (or just spray with some cooking spray but I like the butter-light butter works too)
Bake 325 for about an hour. Or until golden brown.
I like to bake it until the bottom is brown too
Let sit a minute or two before cutting into...well if you can. I can't! Can't wait!!!
mmmm There is something about cheesy potatoes that I just cant resist. I will blow my diet and gladly run extra for this (and seconds)


1 comments:

Unknown said...

*drools* Oh my!!! I HAVE to make this NOW. I'm a sucker for anything with onions and hash browns. I'm just going to have to google where I can get these 'shredded hashbrowns' and the fried onions :( :( I wonder If I could make my own shredded hash browns and fry off some onions? hehe sorry for the huge comment, I'm just a tad excited about the thought of making this!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs