Share |

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Watergate Salad

Every once and a while, my daughter and I will split a small container of Pistachio salad from the grocery store deli. We love it. Cant get enough of it. For me it reminds me of the Ambrosia salad my Grandmother would make as a child. I live how there is all these goodies in it. My favorite was always the marshmallows. Still is. This is very easy to make and a must at your next family holiday meal.

Watergate Salad (a.k.a.Pistachio Salad)

1 small package instant pistachio pudding mix
1 can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup maraschino cherries, drained
1/2 cup of chopped pecans

In a good size bowl, mix the pudding mix with the crushed pineapple.
Add the coconut, pecans, marshmallows and cherries. Mix well.
Add the whip topping and mix well.
Place in a serving dish and refrigerate for two hours before serving.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proud member of FoodBlogs